OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS (CONTINUE)
Philippians 4:8 finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy– think about such things.
JEREMIAH 9:23,24 This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.
PROVERBS 4:7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
MATTHEW 22:37-40 Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Romans 5:1-11 ESV
1. Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
4. and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,
5. and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
6. For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
7. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-
8. but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
10. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.
11. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.